The table at More e Macine


Before I get into the food, I had to share the sleeping pup picture.  Not something you'd find in local Canadian restaurants (although a favourite bookshop in my hometown had a cat named Chaucer.. it isn't quite the same thing).  I was a little concerned to show the sequence of pics for those not reading the text.  See below.

This is the Osteria More e Macine in La Morra, Piemonte. I had the pleasure of visiting with Terra Madre delegates in October of 2014.  I'm posting on the 10 day countdown to Terra Madre Day 2015.

The land of Barolo is not wanting for restaurants, so narrowing down choice must have been difficult.  Luckily, it was chosen for me as part of a Taste Tripping tour I signed up for while in Torino for Terra Madre.  Terra Madre provided an overwhelming amount of information to take in, but being in Piemonte warrants at least a day trip to the Langhe, with its castles, vineyards, hazelnut treats and truffles, it is without compare.  And that is merely the tip of the world-renowned iceberg.

More e Macine was busy and at the suggestion of the waiter (we had limited time), we ordered a selection of antipasti to share.  This allowed a few tastings from the by-the-glass menu and a sampling of the local specialities.


I'm glad we did.  First, I love just about anything crudo (raw) and that's not to everyone's taste.  This battuto was special.  Local beef is something to behold and this is the best showcase for its delectable properties. If you have never tried carne crudo, this is setting the bar fairly high for future experiences.

More e Machine has a great list of 'by the glass' vino as well. Spectacular.

Grazie More e Machine!

Comments

Popular Posts